ChefConf 2017Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I stay up to date on all ChefConf happenings?
- When and how can I register for ChefConf?Registration will available January 2017.
- What type of weather can I expect in May in Austin?The temperature rises most days during May to over 80 °F (27 °C) in Austin. In some years the temperature climbs as high as 100 °F (38 °C) this month.
- Does Chef have a published Code of Conduct?We expect participants to adhere to the code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
- Do you need to be 21 to attend the Community Celebration?Yes, the Wednesday night party is 21 and over. No minors will be allowed into the venue.
- Is the Community Summit separate from ChefConf? Is there a price to attend?The Community Summit is separate from ChefConf and will be held on Monday, May 22nd. There is limited capacity for this event. Please register for this event during your registration process. There is a minimal cost of $150 to attend.
- Will the event by filmed and photographed?Our goal is to capture the excitement and Chef community during the event. You may see photographers or videographers documenting ChefConf. It's possible you may even appear in some of these shots.
We also encourage attendees to share their conference experiences through social media. We invite you to speak with any photographer if you have concerns about their activities. Photos or videos taken by or on behalf of Chef may be posted on one or more of our sites or used in future marketing materials and publications.
- What should I wear?Come as you are. Most of our community is comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt. Remember that while the temperatures outside will be warm, most of your time will be spent inside with the benefits of cool air conditioning. Plan to layer!
- Are there sponsorship opportunities?Yes, see the Sponsorship page for details.
- Is there a conference app available?Yes, we will have a mobile app. All registrants will be notified when it launches closes to the conference.
- Will meals be provided?All scheduled meals included in the agenda are included as part of your Conference Pass fee. This includes the Monday evening Welcome Reception and the Wednesday night Community Celebration.
- Austin & Travel InformationWhere can I find information about Austin and local attractions? There is a huge array of online sources for Austin information. One of the many sites is http://www.austintexas.org/visit/things-to-do/
- Which airports are closest to Austin?Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is approximately 20 min from downtown Austin.
San Antonio International Airport (SA) is about an hour drive and offers a scenic pathway to Austin for those interested in a little more adventure during this trip.
Killeen-Fort Hoot Regional Airport (GRK). This is not as accessible as the other two airports, however, you may be able to find a less expensive option.
- How should I plan to get from the airport to the JW Marriott?
- I have special dietary needs, who should I contact?You will be asked specific dietary questions during the registration process. If you forgot to include this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have experienced something uncomfortable and/or offensive, who should I contact?If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff. Conference staff can be found below or you can also contact hotel staff and ask to be put in touch with the conference organizers.
If the matter is especially urgent, please call/contact any of these individuals:
- Wendy Smith at +1 (425) 301-2014
- Nathen Harvey at +1 (202) 368-7264
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
- Will there be a meditation room or mother's room?Yes, we will have both rooms available to our community. The location will be made available in our mobile app.